Monday, July 19, 2010

Thank God For Cape Cod

Today I started the second week of babysitting in Falmouth. Just me and the kids living in their Cape house Monday to Friday. I’m really looking forward to it. I actually like being responsible for someone other than myself (three someones in this case, ages 7, 8, and 12 on Wednesday). It feels good to do dishes and make lunches, and I’m especially good at being a sunblock Nazi. I’m starting to think that maybe I could do this mother thing someday. I doubted myself for a while, but I think I got it in me. Absolutely no rush though.


So far it’s been good for me. Not only have I gained some valuable experience playing Mommy, but I feel great too. Early to bed & early to rise, morning runs & lots of swimming, SPF15, a beach chair, & a few good books. Cape Cod is just good for the body & soul. I enjoy the company too. They make me laugh and feel like a kid again.


So here’s to another week in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment