Monday, February 8, 2010

Whoever thought I'd love Mondays?

Today, on my only day off this week, I potentially saved a life.

After stopping at CVS, I was attempting to make my way out of the parking lot. When I got to the exit there was already a small truck sitting there, like he was waiting for a chance to go, but there were no cars coming. Being the irrationally inpatient female that I am, I honked a few times, but still nothing. So, the road rage/instincts in me kicked in, and I pulled up next to the truck in the entrance side. The driver, an older man, was slumped over with his head on the steering wheel. After taking a moment to comprehend, I got out, screamed and flailed my arms, opened his door, and tried to lean over him to put his little truck in park. Except he decided to move his foot a smidgen, causing the truck to roll for a moment, causing me to freak out, but I got it in park. He was breathing and seemed to be waking up when the police arrived. I left right away, which is kind of weird to me now. I didn't even stay to find out what was wrong with him or if he was okay. Sometimes I react to things in odd ways.


With that, a much needed oil change, and an even more needed workout, I'd say I had a rather productive day.

1 comment:

  1. Possibly the greatest thing I've ever read in my life.

    ReplyDelete