Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's Saturday, the whole day long!

Nicola 10:31am: update ur stupid blog
Nicola 10:33am: right nowwwww

Wow, didn't know this thing was in such high demand! Kind of like the Twilight series: People want to read it, but it doesn't have much substance. Ah, well, gotta please the people!

Today I have an entire Saturday off, and there's nothing I love more than propping up the pillows, sitting in bed, and writing on a Saturday morning. It just feels so pressure free! I like it a lot. Tonight I'm going to Boston for my friend Krissy's 23rd birthday. I can't wait til my 23rd birthday. I love the sound of 23. It sounds grown up, a lot more so than 22.

So, in attempt to better use the otherwise wasted two hours I spend commuting to and from work, I started listening to talk radio. Sometimes NPR, sometimes PRI's The World. It's definitely helped me feel like a more responsible adult, and I've already learned a lot. But it's also begun to make me feel even more and more cynical. Ignorance truly is bliss; it's such a burden to know better. That must sound pretty awful coming from a future journalist, but hey, I can't lie. This world scares me. I hate feeling like I have little control, and that's how I often feel when I look at the bigger picture of things. So many I just won't look.

On a lighter note, my friend Tyler suggest I take an online test based on the Jung - Myers-Briggs personality approach. The results were so accurate! I'm an ENFJ, like Oprah. Here's a bit of the description:

ENFJs are idealist organizers, driven to implement their vision of what is best for humanity. They often act as catalysts for human growth because of their ability to see potential in other people and their charisma in persuading others to their ideas. Talkative and expressive, ENFJs are adept communicators and are motivated to understand and please other people. They enjoy talking about relationships and sharing their insights about people, their emotions, and their motivations. ENFJs like to be liked and are very sensitive to feedback, both positive and negative; they take criticism quite personally. They expect the best not just from themselves, but from others as well, and tend to idealize relationships. ENFJs often play host or hostess, energetically engaging everyone in the group and making sure that a good time is had by all. They are very responsive to the emotional state of others; while their empathy is often an asset, engaging with others can also become overwhelming for the ENFJ. More than other Extroverted types, they need time alone, away from the demands of serving and caring for others.

It also says the number one career choice for ENFJ type is journalist, they deal with stress by exercising, and have little trouble in school. Sounds like me, I think!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds exactly like you! I wanna take it! Enjoy your day off and your night on the town :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at my facebook wall, the test is posted there! I'm coming to the city to visit you soon, I promise!!!

    ReplyDelete