Thursday, November 5, 2009

Writing just to write, and it feels so good!

Wow, I'm embarrassed. Look at how long it's been. Well, I guess that's grad school.

Actually, no, that's not grad school. That's me. Lately I've noticed that I have an extremely hard time balancing life. I put far too much time into things that aren't deserving of it, and not enough time into some of the things that merit it the most.

For instance, I don't spent hardly enough time writing. I'm a writer, God Dammit! How can I possibly not find the time to write? I'm even in a Professional Writing Master's program! Well, see, there's my problem. I spend hours writing one lousy, little post that means close to NOTHING when it comes down to it, yet I get so caught up in "doing well" that I can't help myself. I hate the fact that I'm constantly writing for the grade. I honestly feel like I put in twice as much time (realistically, probably not that much more) as my classmates, and they do just as well as I do. It makes me so angry. And I wonder why there's never enough hours in the day..because I'm a lunatic (my new favorite word).

So that's why I'm here, once again, and this time I'm going to make a legitimate effort to spend time each week writing. Writing that isn't for rhetorical theory, or my course design, but writing that's for me. Therapeutic writing. I sure do need it...BIG TIME.

So I'd like to say a special "thank you" to my friend and fellow T.A., Tyler, for inspiring me to keep on bloggin'. Without you Tyler, I would have let the virtual dust keep building up on my poor, neglected blog, while I finished my course design instead (and then you all would have had to outcast me).


The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.

2 comments:

  1. wondering why there aren't enough hours in the day...i do it all the time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawww... No thanks are needed, but I'm glad I prodded you enough to keep the journal alive. Happy writing!

    -Tyler

    ReplyDelete