Wednesday, November 11, 2009

As depressing as this may sound, lately I've felt like I don't have anything to look forever to. Realistically, I know I have lots to look forward to, but there's nothing in particular that really elicits optimism. I feel very impassive, yet unfulfilled. Actually, I just googled synonyms for "impassive," and "pokerfaced" was one of the results. Therefore, I don't feel impassive anymore :)

Anyways, that leads me to an "isn't it ironic?" moment. I've always been advised not to "rush my life," and lately I've been pretty bummed about the whole getting older thing, yet I constantly feel the need to have something to be striving for; a reason to get up in the morning and go through another typical day. Why can't I just be satisfied in the moment? Isn't simply being here, today, enough? I guess there's a fine line between the desire for happiness and greed.

But hey, right now I'm in no rush for the future, because the future means waking up at 5:45 tomorrow morning. I'm so bad at it.

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.”

No comments:

Post a Comment