Sunday, September 6, 2009

delicious ambiguity

After what feels like an eternity of avoiding it, I've finally succumb to blogging. Anything that gets me to actually write something must be a great thing, right? I have to remind everyone (including myself) that I'm no Perez Hilton though, so don't expect anything too exciting from me. Besides, I'm content with my little life, and hopefully you will be too.

Change. That basically sums my life up right now. In the past 4 months, I've graduated from college, learned
to be on my own again (I'm starting to, at least), lost my only living grandparent, started grad school and a teaching fellowship, said "bon voyage" to my now abroad, good friend, Sarah, and realized a lot, good and bad, about myself. I've never been a big fan of change, at all, but I would be foolish if I didn't appreciate the direction in which my life is moving. It's just scary, I suppose, and very, very different. On the other hand, there's something so charming about the ambiguity of new beginnings.

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."

No comments:

Post a Comment